Ashhurst Mtg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashhurst Mtg

Ashhurst Mtg is a small group which gathers weekly to play Magic the Gathering

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sam's Random Ramble

Go down 
+2
shunter
The Eye
6 posters

Should challenges be allowed outside the club?
Yes
Sam's Random Ramble Vote_lcap50%Sam's Random Ramble Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
No
Sam's Random Ramble Vote_lcap50%Sam's Random Ramble Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
The Eye
Maximum Madness / Foil Grabbing Maniac
The Eye

Sam's Random Ramble Empty
PostSubject: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:50 am

Me, Jonathan and Sam had a discussion if we should be allowed to have challenges at school. No doubt Sam would have posted something to this effect, and will hate me for providing a argument first, but I just can't wait because of things I have to do 2night.
1-School play is social play. We don't want to have challenges (apart from Sam that is)
2-If they can't come to the meetings, why are they on the board (I do notice the irony of that statement, but I do come regularly)
3-Sam's the only one who wants to challenge at school.
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:25 am

I bet he;s posting something huge, I've been stalking his forum activity.
Back to top Go down
shunter
stands for proficiency
shunter

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:24 am

thats a double post max
please dont lecture anyone on bad posting thus

If simply due to transport difficulties i cant make meetings, then i cant challenge anyone even if i see people that i would otherwise be able to challenge every single day at school.

I also like to play socially, so challenges can be stretched over consecutive days, and so each sub-challenge game can only take 5-10 minutes of any one day.

I think that by rejecting a challenge on such terms should constitute a forfeit, as there is plenty of time for both sorts of play, and youre pretty lame to wanna use that as an excuse.

please vote and post everyone i wanna know what sounds more fair.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Flushing Meadows.
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:14 am

If Sam doesn't intend making a reasonable effort to get to every meeting then he probably shouldn't be on the ladder.

His mother has a car, he has a bike and also both of them have legs so there is no reason why he can't make a reasonable effort to get to every meeting.

I'm sure I can arrange to have him picked up from PN.

No
Back to top Go down
http://iwant2.servebeer.com
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:16 pm

If both parties agree, then why not, but if the person being challenged refuses then they shouldn't have to forfeit.
Back to top Go down
http://ashhurstmtg.rpgwars.org
Akuri_Mitsu
Santa's favourite recipient
Santa's favourite recipient
Akuri_Mitsu

PostSubject: welll   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:51 am

well if you think about it the only one that wouldnt be happy with this would be me and chris cause we cant do them but i can just do it in ashhurst anyway with max harris and jonny sooo
Back to top Go down
Chris
Flushing Meadows.
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:05 am

Thats all very well, but the ladder is for clubmembers and if you're not intending to turn up then you shouldn't be on the ladder.
i.e. you shouldn't be able to substitute midweek games for attendence at meetings.

Otherwise anyone at PNBHS could be on the ladder!

I do agree with William that if there is agreement, then club members do have the option (not obligation) to play challenges during the week....

Perhaps we ought to define a mininum attendence criterion for ladder eligibility?

Idea Idea Idea
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:46 am

To reiterate, the problem is that we use that time for social games, and apparently Sam doesn't know the definition of 'social', even after pointing this out several times. Furthermore, there is nothing wrong with double posting, or triple, quadruple etc.
Back to top Go down
Zombie Hobo
Zombie Hobo
Zombie Hobo

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:27 am

double posting isnt the worst thing but it is much more efficient and easier to actualy see how many posts have been put against a topic when you edit rather than double, triple quadriple etc.
Back to top Go down
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:00 pm

True, true.

I think Max just wants to up his post count...

Post_Count++
Back to top Go down
http://ashhurstmtg.rpgwars.org
The Eye
The Eye

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:51 am

No, not really. it just draws attention to a topic and prevent things from being overlooked. Unless editing comes up with 'new posts'?
Back to top Go down
shunter
stands for proficiency
shunter

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:27 am

If you want me off the ladder that badly then you should just say so dad.
It is ridiculous to ask attendance for every meeting or maybe You would like to try bicycling to a meeting with your decks sometime. Its impractical that i dont live in ashhurst or own a kawasaki ninja. However no matter whose car it is, it is both costly and inconvenient for whoever has to drive me there as well as that i also often have my own plans in the weekends.
In addition Its enough to have to put up with your sarcasm and pointed comments all the time and sometimes i think you should be surprised that ive even shown interest to come to the library at all.
After all it was your idea to put me on the ladder in the first instance, fully knowing it would not be possible for me to come to every meeting. Its getting to look like this was the whole idea in the first place.
Dont worry too much anymore about the ladder because since it seems to mean so much to you and im not a clubmember; just take me off the ladder. Its not overly important to me so dont worry about it.

Max's reason for double posting is fair however i dont see a purpose to triple posting etc, unless a large amount of time has passed between.
Back to top Go down
Zombie Hobo
Zombie Hobo
Zombie Hobo

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:59 am

I reckon it's fine to double post etc. but only if they are seperate ideas.

Also, why do even have the ladder going again?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Flushing Meadows.
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:09 am

I offered you transport to the meeting right?

But thats a good idea, you could come and live out here that would be convenient!

confused

Last edited by Chris on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris
Flushing Meadows.
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:12 am

Double/Triple postings ok!

Its just because you guys dont respond quick enuf.

Maybe you guys dont have broadband in Ashhurst?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Flushing Meadows.
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:14 am

Its great having you on the ladder Sam, it'd be nice if you came out more often, thats all......

silent
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:51 am

Very slow broadband we have in excess, it's fast dialup we lack Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Random Ramble   Sam's Random Ramble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sam's Random Ramble
Page 1 of 1