Ashhurst Mtg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashhurst Mtg

Ashhurst Mtg is a small group which gathers weekly to play Magic the Gathering

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday

Go down 
+2
Rincewind
Xaoslegend
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Xaoslegend

MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Empty
PostSubject: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:41 am

Next week's MTGO Heirloom tournament will be on 10/16/10(Saturday) at 11AM pacific standard time (LA, California, USA time).

The tournament is free to enter.

I am planning to run a season finals in about a month. This would be just before the first major revision (one month after Scars is released online) takes place. For this event I will give out at least twice the placement tix prizes that I give out for a normal weekly event. This would mean at least 12 tix for first 8 for second and 4 for 3rd and fourth. I have yet to finalize all the details but thats a bare minimum plan for the event =)

This is a link to go to for all of your Heirloom questions, it has tons of links to most everything about the format: http://xaoslegend.blogspot.com/2010/09/heirloom-links.html

Join the chat channel by typing ( /join Heirloom ) in a chat channel on MTGO. (This is also the default channel for Heirloom chat in general)

To register for the event and to get pairing assignments and submit round results and see other announcements type ( /join heirloomresults ) then post "Register" in the channel before 11AM and you will be registered for the event.

Each Participant will recieve 2 relevant Heirloom foils(from a varied selection of your choice) for playing (at least three rounds). The winner will get 6 tix second place will recieve 4 tix and third and fourth 2 tix as well as more prizes to be awarded just for participation to be decided later. (These are minimum prize amounts, I may increase them, if I do I will let everyone know after the event begins or shortly beforehand)

I would very much appreciate participants posting their decklists in the mothership tournament announcement forum (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75846/25877457/Heirloom_MTGO_Weekly_Saturday_Free_PREs_Tix_Prizes) so that I can feature them all in my Mtgotraders articles and for the use of other players trying to improve their deck building and understanding of the Heirloom meta. I will completely support anyone who objects to this for any reason regardless of my disappointment.

The event is swiss, so you will play until the end of the event, a minimum of 3 rounds, but up to five. (the last 3 have been 4 rounds each)

I will be online at least a couple hours before to answer questions about legalities and whatever other details people have questions about.

I hope to see a ton of people there. The more show up the more I'll give away in prizes.

(If you drop out of the event you forfeit your chance at the foil participation choice and whatever else I give out as participation awards that day)

You must have a deck that is Heirloom classic legal (60 cards minimum, 15 or zero sideboard cards).

If someone tells me you are playing with an illegal card and I confirm it you will first get a warning and then have 10 minutes to switch the card out of your deck and you will lose that game. The second time you will get a match loss and the third time you will be uninvited from the tournament.

If it appears you are flagrantly not following Heirloom rules I will reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament at any time.

If you are particularly rude or insulting to other players I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you time out of a game because of 10 minutes of inactivity I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you are persistently stalling I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you are uninvited from the tournament you forfeit your right to a chance at the door prize (3 tix to one or more participant who did not win another prize chosen at random)

I cannot win or displace prizes if I play in the event. (which I will often do to make the event even so that there are no byes and not do if it would create an odd number) I will often jump into and back out of the event to prevent byes, my deck will remain the same throughout an event of course. I have not tended to play in the events lately as I have plenty to do with running it so you may get a bye in one of the rounds.

Xaoslegend-
My screename on MTGO is Xaoslegend, look me up for questions, comments , discussion or games any time.
Back to top Go down
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi there, and welcome to Ashhurst MtG!

Thanks for letting us know about the event Smile

For those of us who can't convert times to save themselves, that's 7am NZ time.

And here's a link to download the MTGO client:
http://www.wizards.com/magic/digital/article.aspx?x=magic/moliii2/download
Back to top Go down
http://ashhurstmtg.rpgwars.org
The Eye
Maximum Madness / Foil Grabbing Maniac
The Eye

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:34 am

Magic Online is the non-free one, right? :S

A pity actually....
Say, if anybody's interested, me and Peter are using Lackey to playtest some deck ideas. As soon as I figure out how to run the server, is anybody else keen for Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Santa's favourite recipient
Akuri_Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:29 am

Hey will, for some of me...that cant be bothered reading this cause i cant understand it, can u tell me in laymans terms what to do to enter this FREE tourney?
Back to top Go down
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:07 am

Well, its free to join the tournament, but to get MTGO in order to play in the tournament, you gotta pay cash. So its free in one way, but costs money in another.

Basically, you have to pay $11US to buy MTGO, and then you can join the tournament for free.
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Akuri_Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:08 am

aaaaand im out
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks for the heads up, but I think we're all either poor or cheap. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Hey guys,

Buying an account on MTGO does cost money that's for sure (one time cost no monthly or anything) and you would have to buy the cards (avg deck for Heirloom can be gotten for less than $4, it is a very budget format) some of what you get for buying an account can be hawked for cash, like I think you get a booster pack which online is $4, so selling that would pay for your first deck.

People that don't want to ever pay anything for MTG can still play Heirloom though, I'd love to see some people playing it on free mtg programs since it's just a very good format it general. Because the legality of the cards int he format is based on secondary market prices(a tiered price system based on rarity) the format inherently bans powerful cards of all rarities meaning that the best counterspells are banned anything that's just really unbalanced is banned ect. It keeps most mtg cards legal though and a ton of approaches to competitive Heirloom is viable, the decks that won the last two events were a blue/red splinter twin pestermite deck and then a green white glare of subdual deck with good stuff in green white.

Anyhow I'd love to see more people on MTGO as well and if you come to enough Heirloom events you're likely to accuulate enough tix to get back your investment on a deck and account before long anyway (tix can be sold for cash in various places and that cash collected via paypal)

well anyway thanks for all the responses, you guys seem to have a very robust community here which is great.

X-
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Akuri_Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:26 am

Hahahaha wow, Is that the head honcho? thats epic!!!
Back to top Go down
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:24 am

It sounds sound like a fairly good deal. In my case its mostly an issue of how much internet data I have left over to download the client with Razz

Thanks for letting us know Xaoslegend, its nice to see events bringing the global MtG community together Smile
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:44 am

Agreed - I do love the fact that there's a global and playing MTG community - I'll probably sign up someday, just not in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Akuri_Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:19 am

yeah Its real nice to be included in a world wide event!
Kinda makes us special...well u no, part of a WORLD WIDE EVENT!
Back to top Go down
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:36 am

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know that the 4rth Heirloom article at Puremtgo/Mtgotraders just went online. http://puremtgo.com/articles/heirloom-constructed-godfathers-part-3

It features the 4rth PRE we had and with a lot of decklists, commentary and raw video captured at the event.

Check it out

X-
Back to top Go down
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:47 am

Hey guys,

@cuzziekilla I guess I would be the queen"Head Honcho"queen of Heirloom lol, though really I'm just a casual player that doesn't even have a very impressive personal collection. I just like magic and think it should be played to it's fullest without it costing you your rent money or your relationship to your girlfriend lol.

@Rincewind I love to meet people from other places in the alien world afro . If I had my druthers I'd probably just travel half of every year sampling the bar/club scene in every corner of the world and/or whatever else each place offered of interest to a vagabond. I'm glad you like the concept of the format and it's accessibility and you're certianly welcome of my efforts in regard to mtg and community, hopefully you're not beyond your download limit yet as it would be great to see you online for a game or two.

@The Eye cyclops No time like the eventually.albino We'll love having you whenever you meander over to us.

@cuzziekilla lol, the internets are a wonderous thing lol!

I'll have to check out this thread more often, was a little hard to find after it got moved, anyway have a great one guys cheers

X-
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Akuri_Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:05 am

it got moved????
WHO MOVED US !!
Well if ur ever in ashhurst (google maps to the rescue)
Feel free to stop buy Smile
Back to top Go down
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:21 am

I moved it, because the Gatherings forum is for meetings at the library.

I did leave a link to here in the forum, but I think Chris deleted it.

Anyone else having problems loading PureMTGO.com? It doens't seem to want to display anything over here...
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:46 am

And a big thanks to you for taking the time to join us Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:56 am

Hey again,

@cuzziekilla I would love to visit New Zealand some day. A lot of the best people I've met online have been Kiwi's (hopefully that's not too offensive a term in this group lol) Embarassed If ever I get the wherewithal I'll def put it on my agenda. cherry

@Rincewind Ah Sorry about posting it in the wrong forum then, I figured "Gatherings" was for anything community related, my mistake. affraid Strange that pureMTGO is giving you issues, though I've known it to blip out of availability for a few minutes at a time. cat

@The Eye cyclops It's my pleasure, I love finding groups that are active and chatty, because I'm a word salad man myself who likes blabbering on like an idiot on a frequent occasion. geek

Mike-
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Akuri_Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:48 am

Lol Kiwi's is the only thing to call us lol, anything else would be offensive i think haha XD
Well feel free bud, thanks for taking the time off u Head honcho seat to come visit us Smile
Back to top Go down
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:08 am

Its working now, looks like I got some reading material Smile
Back to top Go down
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:16 am

If you know of any easy text-based way to search prices of MTGO cards on the internet, I could probably write you a computer program that compiles a list of legal cards for the format, and could verify that decks are legal, etc. Just a thought, might save you some time in future.

EDIT: I see you got the audio removed on one of your vids. I have a fix for that one too Razz
www.jamendo.com provides decent quality music which is all licensed under creative commons, so you can use it without any legal issues.
Back to top Go down
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Good Morning(morning for me anyway lol),

@cuzziekilla Sounds good, feel free to call me a yank if you feel the urge. king

@Rincewind Glad to hear the website wasn't permablocked for you. The Heirloom Legal Card list is here: W/U/B/R/G http://puremtgo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2008&sid=10c2228d4b4466ac1ab0c3e80bf042c0 W/U/B/R/G

The list is static and the price checks are only used when the list is revised so one only need check the list for the legality of cards and doesn't even need to know why cards are legal or not. alien

Not sure if you'd be able to finagle something off that thread's list or not or if me cutting and pasting the list somewhere else would then make it usable as a reference for said program. Of course I'm always thrilled when people produce more resources for the Heirloom community as it benefits us all. jocolor

Thanks for the music link, next time i go to add music to vids I'll take a look at it. study

ttygl,

X-
Back to top Go down
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:13 am

Nearly finished the app, just bugtesting.
Back to top Go down
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:35 am

Hey Rincewind,

Sounds awesome. What is the program going to look through for legalities? A cut and paste list of the cards in the deck or something?

I guess I'll see it when you're done anyway. It's like it's Christmas already.

Mike-
Back to top Go down
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:37 am

The program will check the following:
* That you have at least 60 cards
* That you don't have more than 4 of any card (except basic lands and Relentless Rats)
* That all the cards in your deck are on the list of allowed Heirloom cards

You can also generate decklists like this, with the click of a button:
* 4 X Sapseep Forest
* 20 X Forest
* 4 X Llanowar Elves
* 4 X Fyndhorn Elves
* 4 X Presence of Gond
* 4 X Overrun
* 4 X Umbral Mantle
* 4 X Spider Umbra
* 4 X Giant Growth
* 4 X Blanchwood Armor
* 4 X Rampant Growth

EDIT: You can also get sample hands, and when I get the time (ie, holidays) I'll add a mana curve graph and stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next