Ashhurst Mtg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashhurst Mtg

Ashhurst Mtg is a small group which gathers weekly to play Magic the Gathering

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zombie Lord

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Eye
Maximum Madness / Foil Grabbing Maniac
The Eye

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:41 am

This is a fun game format I found on the internet-basically, it starts as a free-for-all; however, if any player would die, instead their life total becomes 10 and that player becomes a minion to whoever killed them or the 'lord' of that person. The game is over when everybody is a minion of one lord.
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Santa's favourite recipient
Akuri_Mitsu

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:19 am

i wouldnt mind playing this a
sounds cool
whats the max players?
or min players?
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:56 am

Three or more, I suppose...
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:26 am

Alright, I think we should tinker with this format a bit. I thought instead of resetting, you simply shuffle in hand, exiled cards and graveyard, then draw four new cards and set your life to 10. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Akuri_Mitsu

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 11:00 am

think that sounds good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dohyden
Professional Slacker
Professional Slacker
Dohyden

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:07 pm

no, if u exile ur grave yard eventually you'll have nothing. i recon the game should go like this.

-there is no world, everyone can see everyone

-roll to attack, the people u can roll are limited to ur opponents.

-when u die u reset ur life only (just cos u zombiefy doesn't mean ur darksteal collosus suddenly leaves.) and become an allay with the over lord and his minions.

-if people play burn decks, so what. anything is still possible it's not guaranteed that the burn deck will win.
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Akuri_Mitsu

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:08 pm

yeah thats true but still they have a very unfair advantage
i swing with my 1/1 killing u
in response zap
F U JONATHAN!!!
Back to top Go down
Dohyden
Professional Slacker
Professional Slacker
Dohyden

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:12 pm

yeah ok. a standard burn deck can do a lot but like not everyone one will be on low life and a lot of hate will be directed at the player playing burns. hell whats most likely to happen is the player playing burn wont have enough burns to deal with creatures and players and a monster army will come his way killing him and his minions he earned in a saddo way
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:24 pm

No I mean both exiled and graveyard and hand get shuffled into your library.
Back to top Go down
Dohyden
Professional Slacker
Professional Slacker
Dohyden

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:48 am

sounds ok to me but only cos of milling decks.
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Also decks that run out of steam as the game progresses.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Flushing Meadows.
Chris

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:27 am

Original format seems very good, but need to:
1) address the problem of minions being isolated due to delay in hatching bubbles, Kevin's suggestion is good i.e. minions move back to edge of their "territory"
2) balance the power of the returning minion by adjusting the number of turns that they have in their bubble. e.g. not too weak, not too strong.
3) who would play a mill deck anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://iwant2.servebeer.com
The Eye
The Eye

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 am

Shuffling and drawing four new cards is fast, thus minions do not need to be isolated, as well as preventing power imbalances due to unconventional decks. It addresses all such problems.
Back to top Go down
Dohyden
Professional Slacker
Professional Slacker
Dohyden

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:49 am

i see nothing wrong with my suggestion, it's better than the bubble idea. plus moving ur seating arrangement is inconvenient to play. how hard is it to remember what team u are on? honestly. u just stay where u are and say ''i can attack you, you and you'' and roll a D-6 accordingly or whatever. there is no need to draw additional cards when u die cos minions don't deserve perks. u die, u set to ten, ur opponents change and the game keeps going smoothly and easily. i believe that roll the die fits best with my suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Akuri_Mitsu

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:51 am

...so u should start on 0 cards?
and being a minion should have perks
eg dental
Back to top Go down
Dohyden
Professional Slacker
Professional Slacker
Dohyden

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 am

arg u fool. u set to ten ur grave and RFG cards get shuffled into ur deck. u keep ur hand and ur in play permanents and rebound cards etc. this means people don't leave play and becoming a minion doesn't put a huge brick in the rode.

if we don't have a spell range of one or that silly arrangement last time where a minion being isolated was a bad thing and really confused the game then there is no problems with scattered minions. this means a minion can attack a lord and this is why i think roll the die is the best way to go.
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Akuri_Mitsu

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:58 am

yeah roll the dice is good idea, and if people play burn....grrrrargh
Back to top Go down
Dohyden
Professional Slacker
Professional Slacker
Dohyden

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:59 am

if we can't find a suitable idea then i suggest we take turns at playing it the way each of us say to, then find out through game play which is the better rules set.
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Akuri_Mitsu

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:00 pm

lol
my way = I win
nah i agree with u jono
rolling the dice is fair then the people with like 3 life dont get picked on and its random all the way, no arguments, no excuses just playing the damn game
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu
Akuri_Mitsu

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:00 pm

and maybe if they roll there lord they re-roll?
Back to top Go down
Dohyden
Professional Slacker
Professional Slacker
Dohyden

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

i don't mind people playing burn. cos like i said before, he'll get hate, and there is alot of life total+creatures for one burn deck.... XD omg a burn deck with a burn deck minion THAT IS WHY MINIONS DON'T DRAW CARDS ''oh no i die~ well i keep my lands, shuffle my used burns and draw 4 new ones to throw at ur head''.
so by my rules set a burn deck minion ends up top decking a burn deck lord ends up top decking and a milling minion or lord has a rather hard time killing more that 2-3 people...ever.

Last edited by Dohyden on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dohyden
Professional Slacker
Professional Slacker
Dohyden

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:05 pm

i said andy u can only roll ur opponents, u follow the standerd low/left->high/right preset and u just ignore ur allays regardless of seating position.

for example say its like this Me, Opp, Friend, Opp, Opp, friend, me. i roll a d-6 cos i have 3 opponents. i roll a 3-4 i attack the 2nd opponent in sequence.

also, if a minion rolls a lord, well he's not a lord for nothing you know.
Back to top Go down
Dohyden
Professional Slacker
Professional Slacker
Dohyden

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:19 pm

also a simple rule. a minion can not intentionally kill his lord. if a minion kills his lord by a global effect then he becomes the lord but the team remains the same. backstabbing ur lord accomplishes nothing.

it's good just to play honestly and fairly, treat ur lord the way u would want to be treated by ur minions.

but another affect of this is that a lord can stomp on his minions as much as he likes XD ''i kill you all haha u come back to me, i kill you again wooop~ right back'' it's like a punching doll that always stands upright.

this does mean a lord or minion of the same team can kill a minion in response to an enemy killing them to stop them converting to the other side. i think this rule is fun and yes minions u are going to be thoroughly **** ******.

Last edited by Rincewind on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : censored due to complaint)
Back to top Go down
Dohyden
Professional Slacker
Professional Slacker
Dohyden

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:27 pm

sorry for all the long posts but i believe my rules set is very valid.
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:41 pm

I think shuffling in is better. It's not too much harder, and balances out more.
Also, I was thinking the minion comes under the control of whoever's turn it was-that prevents burn decks from stealing kills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zombie Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Lord   Zombie Lord Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zombie Lord
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ashhurst Mtg :: General Mtg Discussion :: Mtg Rules Discussion-
Jump to: