Ashhurst Mtg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashhurst Mtg

Ashhurst Mtg is a small group which gathers weekly to play Magic the Gathering

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Upcoming events

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris
Flushing Meadows.
Chris

Upcoming events Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming events   Upcoming events Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:30 am

Quote :
Hi All

We are fast approaching a few important dates in the Magic calendar this year so I thought i'd let you all know what is coming up.

**Saturday April 25th - Pre-release tournament for 'Alara
Reborn'**

This is the third and final set in the 'Shards of Alara'
block and it's your chance to get your hands on some of the cards before they are available in shops.
Pre-release tournaments are always great fun for everyone and are a very enjoyable way of purchasing some cards from the newest set.
We will be in the usual location of the Broadway Welesly Methodist Church Hall.
I will send out more detailed info (cost, map, times, etc) closer to the date.

**Sunday May 3rd - 'Alara Reborn' Launch Party**

This is a very similar tournament to the Pre-release above, but a week later (the weekend the set goes on sale) and on the Sunday so that anyone unable to attend on a Saturday can join in the fun along with anyone who wants to enjoy the fun twice :-). This will be held at Heroes for Sale on King St after the stores normal trading hours.
I will send out more detailed info (cost, map, times, etc) closer to the date.

**Sunday May 17th - Wellington Regional Qualifiers**

This is a standard (type 2) tournament where the top 8 finishers qualify for a place at the New Zealand National Championship later in the year. This is generally a slightly more serious event and requires you to bring a standard legal deck to play, which means only cards printed in 10th ed, Lorwin, Morningtide, Shadowmoor, Eventide, Shards of Alara, Conflux and Alara Reborn. You can usually find information gathered on he format on magicthegathering.com or starcitygames.com.
Gene Brumby (genis@paradise.net.nz) is the organiser for this event.

**July 3rd-5th - New Zealand National Championship**

The event is in Wellington this year so that will make traveling fairly easy. There are always lots of last chance qualifiers on the Friday and lots of fun side events even if you're not qualified. There's information available at:
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Events.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/nationals/newzealand

If you have any magic related questions about the events or anything else like a ruling or an opinion always feel free to email me :-)

Michael
Back to top Go down
http://iwant2.servebeer.com

Upcoming events
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ashhurst Mtg :: Off-Topic :: Random Ramblings-
Jump to: