Ashhurst Mtg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashhurst Mtg

Ashhurst Mtg is a small group which gathers weekly to play Magic the Gathering

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Other 100% Hybrid deck

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Eye
Maximum Madness / Foil Grabbing Maniac
The Eye

Other 100% Hybrid deck Empty
PostSubject: Other 100% Hybrid deck   Other 100% Hybrid deck Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:09 am

By the way, for anyone into wallpapers for MTG, GO HERE.
After Sam's post of his deck, I thought it might help me to do the same with mine to get some feedback.
TECH
Momir Vig's the main feature of the deck; because everything is Hybrid G/U , every creature searches out another one. For safety, I'm playing him full, as one Vig can search out multiple backup copies in case he gets killed.
To help Vig out, Fable of Wolf and Owl provides a 1/1 Bird and a 2/2 Wolf whenever I play a spell, however it is CMC 6 and will take a while to get out. The Murkfiend Lieges pump up every creature, although the tokens only get half potential, as well as Untap Symbol all creatures every turn, essentially giving my guys vigilance.

Omnibians I'm possibly going to play two or four of, depending on what I take out; they work well with the Liege, as they get big AND turn lots of things into 3/3 Frogs, which is handy against Slivers and the like.
COMBAT POWER
To push damage through, Assault Zeppelids and Gaea's Skyfolk will be used. (Possibly I might try and get some Simic Sky Swallowers sometime.) They get the full +2/+2 bonus from each Liege, and Leafdrake Roost will ensure a constant supply of 2/2 Drakes that also get the full boost. Trygon Pedator I will only play one of at this stage, and might think of getting one or two more, just to get rid of pesky artifacts and enchantments.

As for Graft, I'm playing four Vigean Hydropons and two Plaxcaster Froglings. The Plaxcasters are handy for protecting the Lieges and Vig, but I might take out the Hydropons for Omnibians.

The real powerhouses of the deck are Shorecrasher Mimic and Favor of the Overbeing. The mimic becomes big constantly, and the Overbeing gives a Serra's Embrace to any nontoken creature I control, which is handy (especially on the mimic Twisted Evil ). Additional protection is provided by the Shielding Plax, and Invert the Skies is a handy end-gamer, as well as foiling an airstrike.
ACCELERATION
As most of the key elements of the deck are CMC 5 or more, I use Coiling Oracles to accelerate, as well as drawing cards, which is quite handy for a Blue Mana Green Mana 1/1. Simic Signets are always handy to have.

OTHER POTENTIAL CARDS
Other card I'm thinking about, but probably won't have enough space for:
-Slippery Bogle is a Hybrid G/U 1/1 super-shroud, which works well with the favor, and is good with Momir Vig for cheaply tutoring other (bigger) things.
-Spitting Image can copy other creatures, as well as retracing, which could be heaps of fun.
-Snakeform can be quite pestering, especially on key creatures, and it draws a card.

Last edited by The Eye on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zombie Hobo
Zombie Hobo
Zombie Hobo

PostSubject: Re: Other 100% Hybrid deck   Other 100% Hybrid deck Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:47 am

The wallpapers are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
The Eye
The Eye

PostSubject: Re: Other 100% Hybrid deck   Other 100% Hybrid deck Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Updated Deck list 14/02/09:
9 Forest
8 Island
3 Simic Growth Chamber

4 Murkfiend Liege
4 Momir Vig, Simic Visionary
4 Fable of Wolf and Owl
1 Bound//Determined
1 Voidslime
1 Twinning Glass

1 Trygon Predator

2 Slippery Bogle