Ashhurst Mtg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashhurst Mtg

Ashhurst Mtg is a small group which gathers weekly to play Magic the Gathering

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Issues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

Forum Issues Empty
PostSubject: Forum Issues   Forum Issues Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Currently the forum is having "difficulties" which will hopefully be resolved soon. Please be patient, and don't post anything really long without storing a copy elsewhere Wink
Back to top Go down
http://ashhurstmtg.rpgwars.org
The Eye
Maximum Madness / Foil Grabbing Maniac
Maximum Madness / Foil Grabbing Maniac
The Eye

Forum Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Issues   Forum Issues Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:56 am

For some reason, Opera doesn't let me post in the forum. Sam whined at me about this as well, but a.) he's on the forum in two different windows sometimes, which causes an IP clash and prevents forum posting, and b.) he's using Internet Explorer which is amde by c.)Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
shunter
stands for proficiency
shunter

Forum Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Issues   Forum Issues Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:59 am

I think youve made similar arguments before Max; where all of your evidence exists by being reliant on itself, but doesnt actually make any sense when you look at the big picture haha.

A). can be explained by me trying to open two windows at once: however instead of opening a link on the forum into a new window, i opened a new window first and then linked it to the forum from my favourites. Unfortuantely for me, the link was to the sign in page which i have configured to log in automatically, rather than to the forum homepage, which in turn logged me in twice without my realising it , and generating the IP error, in accesseing threads.

B). With a simple firewall for example zonealarm, Internet explorer 6 performs just as stably and effectively as any other browser, and it has the advantage of being developed in conjuction with the operating system native to it, increasing effieciency of the browser itself as it is programmed by those who understand the complexity and workings of the OS.

C). Max's personal computer uses Windows XP.
Back to top Go down
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard
Rincewind

Forum Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Issues   Forum Issues Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 am

In response to A, in Firefox I can open as many tabs/windows as I like and post using all of them with no problems.
As for B, Firefox uses less HDD space and less RAM, along with also being the more standards-compliant browser and having features such as tabbed browsing long before IE.
And as for C, OS has nothing to do with browser choice.

If you wish to discuss the topic further, do so in Random Ramblings.

Topic Locked
Back to top Go down
http://ashhurstmtg.rpgwars.org
Sponsored content

Forum Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Issues   Forum Issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Issues
Page 1 of 1